Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default chicken stock revisited

On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 1:36:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 5:38:58 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 8:51:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > >
> > > If I had one of Sheldon's 12 quart stock pots I could start a huge brew and
> > > let it go for days.
> > >
> > > ;-)

> > I have a 12-quart pot, but the turkey carcass fit nicely in the 8-quart
> > pot. Now that the stock is made, I'll reduce it down and freeze it flat
> > in ziplocs.
> >
> > I don't feel any particular need to make a barrel of stock when I can just
> > make it again when I need to.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> My largest pot is an 8 quart size. Sometimes I think a larger pot might be
> nice to have, but there comes the problem of where to store it when not in
> use. And no, no matter how convenient Sheldon thinks it is, I'm not storing
> cookware in the basement.

My 8-quart is stored in the kitchen. My 12-quart is stored in
the basement, since we use it only a few times per year. He
makes a big pot of spaghetti sauce a couple times a year.

The pig roaster is stored in the shed, but that's a whole 'nother
level of cooking. We'll probably never do a pig roast again; I've
been trying to get him to get rid of it, but he's sentimental about
it, since he welded it up himself.

Cindy Hamilton