Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default chicken stock revisited

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:46:49 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 9:06:35 AM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 08:47:37 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>>
>> >Nice rich stock needs to cooked low and slow. I would never dream
>> >of using a pressure cooker unless it was a last minute thought
>> >and needed it in a hurry. That would work in a pinch.

>> And I have done the long, long, low and slow forever and ever and it
>> was fine. One day I was in a hurry and used the pressure cooker.
>> There was a massive improvement in taste. Real chicken taste from
>> the pressure cooker. I've never done low and slow again.
>> Janet US
>>

>Oh ok!! I've never made stock but I did think that maybe the pressure
>cooker could really extract a lot of flavor using pressure. Now, you've convinced me!

well, you need to be the judge, after all, we all have our taste
preferences as well as our own set of taste buds. Let me know how it
turns out for you. I will toss in some onion, celery butt and a
carrot and if I feel like it a clove of garlic in the pot. Just a
small amount of salt to help pull the flavor from everything. No more
seasoning until I get around to using the stock. Then I taste and see
what I want to add depending upon what soup I'm making.
Today I am thawing a quart of really concentrated stock for soup for
lunch tomorrow.
Janet US