Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bean sprouts

On 2019-02-26 10:12 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 9:21:39 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
>> On 2/23/2019 5:22 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I know this subject came up before. I thought they were no longer
>>> available for sale. But I noticed some stores selling other types of
>>> sprouts. Like micro-greens.

>> I have no idea what yer talking about, but I've tried (unsuccessfully, I
>> might add) to grow mung bean sprouts in a both pint and quart "wide
>> mouth" jars (sprouting jars).

> Mung beans are notoriously difficult. Most home sprouters
> start with alfalfa or radish.

I first tried more than 40 years ago, and mung beans were pretty much
the only sprout being eaten back then. I gave up after three tries. If
I want fresh sprouts I want them that day. I don't plan my cooking a few
days in advance. Anything stuck into a dark cupboard got forgotten.
Sprouting and I are not compatible.