Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sanne Sanne is offline

Default chicken stock revisited

Am Dienstag, 26. Februar 2019 05:39:49 UTC+1 schrieb :
> On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 8:30:10 PM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 21:23:28 -0500, wrote:
> >
> > >A !2 qt is my smallest stock pot, for major chicken stock I use my 24
> > >qt stock pot, it'll hold three large roasting chickens. My favorite
> > >is my 18 qt French style stock pot, a deep and narrow voluptuous
> > >PIAZZA... no cookware is better.

> > Do you bail the contents of those 18-24 pots? I can't imagine anyone
> > lifting a full pot down off the stove.
> >

> He probably uses a 3 quart pot for his 'dipper.' ;-) I can't imagine
> anyone making that much stock unless they're running an orphanage or Kuth's
> boarding house.

Or taking care of her elder sister suffering from MS...

Lots of meat and bones and only enough water just to cover in a 29-liter-pot
with its own heating element. The resulting stock was ideal for a quick fix
between meals (which took forever, but eating good food was one of the few
pleasures my late sister still had left).