Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_3_] John Kuthe[_3_] is offline

Default Made up another batch of Mushroom Spinach Stuffs!

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 9:11:10 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> > I love adding it to my nuked green veggies with somer pan juices and butter! YUM!
> >
> > Ingredients:
> >
> > 2# Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
> > Bag-O that baby spinach, washed and drained
> > Black pepper
> > Garlic or garlic powder
> > EVOO
> >
> > Wash and slice mushrooms; cook in wide pan in lots of olive oil EVOO and black pepper and a little garlic.
> >
> > As mushrooms cook down add the drained spinach with more black pepper and garlic.
> >
> > Gently cook down and allow evaporation of moisture (not all).
> >
> > Refrigerate.

> I'm sure that's good, John. I've saved your recipe.
> I see your recipe and think...
> one bag-o spinach is not enough for 2# of mushrooms
> That's a lot of musheys and the spinach shrinks down
> to almost nothing.
> maybe use 2 bags of spinach?
>
> Also (just my opinion) I might add some onion there too.
> I never use onion in garlic spinach but with the mushrooms
> I would add some onions.
>
> I still have a small (half pint) of sliced muchroom and onion
> cooked in butter in my freezer. Good to add to stuffing or even
> to top a baked potato....

Oh yes! My little "recipe" is so simple, it begs for additions, etc! Shallots too would be good! Mmmmm, shallots! :-) Maybe a little dash of a GOOD soy sauce too! :-)

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...