Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Made up another batch of Mushroom Spinach Stuffs!

John Kuthe wrote:

> I love adding it to my nuked green veggies with somer pan juices and butter! YUM!
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 2# Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
> Bag-O that baby spinach, washed and drained
> Black pepper
> Garlic or garlic powder
> EVOO
>
> Wash and slice mushrooms; cook in wide pan in lots of olive oil EVOO and black pepper and a little garlic.
>
> As mushrooms cook down add the drained spinach with more black pepper and garlic.
>
> Gently cook down and allow evaporation of moisture (not all).
>
> Refrigerate.

I'm sure that's good, John. I've saved your recipe.
I see your recipe and think...
one bag-o spinach is not enough for 2# of mushrooms
That's a lot of musheys and the spinach shrinks down
to almost nothing.
maybe use 2 bags of spinach?

Also (just my opinion) I might add some onion there too.
I never use onion in garlic spinach but with the mushrooms
I would add some onions.

I still have a small (half pint) of sliced muchroom and onion
cooked in butter in my freezer. Good to add to stuffing or even
to top a baked potato....