Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default what's with peanuts?

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:08:25 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 2/17/2019 7:58 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Really?? They are fooling themselves if the think the food is better?
>>> That's one of the dumbest things you have said here.

>> It really depends on the food you're cooking on the grill (BBQ).* Some
>> things really benefit from outdoor cooking.* But no, I'm not going to
>> cook outdoors year round.
>>
>> Jill

>Yes, indoors or outdoors does not matter. It is the cooking method that
>makes a difference. Some foods benefit from the open flame. I can
>make burgers in a pan, but they are better on a grill same with hot
>dogs. I made some natural casing dogs the other day. Only thing that
>comes close is those cookers that roll the dogs while cooking them. Fry
>pans are not the same.

I prefer steaks, chops, and burger cooked in a skillet... and I much
prefer tube steaks simmered, gets rid of much of the salts and red
dye... and can still griddle them some. But what I really like
grilled outdoors are veggies, thick slabs of eggplant, zukes, onions,
peppers, tomatoes, spuds, butternut squash, etc. When the garden is
producing is a good time to light off the grill and then may as well
cook the entre meal outdoors... however I really don't enjoy eating
outdoors, in summer it's too hot and buggy so I bring the food inside
and enjoy the A/C and bug free.