Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 9:10:13 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > Here's what we had for lunch yesterday. 100% all natural Chinese food:
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...liOCYyss8ZZQ65

> Very nice looking dish, Dsi1! I'm surprised they didn't have a
> layer of rice underneath but oh well. What a variety of things,
> textures and tastes. If that tasted as good as it looks, near the
> end of the meal I would have ordered another of the same for
> take-out and a repeat for dinner the next night at home.
>
> I always order large when getting take-out from a good Chinese
> restaurant. Always enough for 2 meals and 2-3 smaller snacks.
> Most times, I'll buy early from the reduced price "lunch menu"
> that all of them have here. Same portions of food, just cost less
> before 4pm or so.

I'm the opposite. I don't like to have Chinese leftovers. The
vegetables are perfectly cooked for only a few minutes. I never
want more than I can eat at one sitting. That's why we like to
go out for lunch: the portions are smaller and we can make it
through the entire serving. If we have a nice, leisurely dinner,
sometimes the vegetables are overcooked from sitting in the hot
sauce right there in the restaurant.

Cindy Hamilton