Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

> wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 Gary wrote:
>>penmart01 wrote:
>>>
>>> Perhaps they've improved some but the last time I tried jarred pasta
>>> sauce has to be twenty years ago and it was awful.

>>The computer you used 20 years ago sucked compared to today's
>>computers. Do you think food is any different?

> Yes, food has greatly deteriorated, along with taste expectations...
> most people nowadays think shit tastes wonderful, their taste buds
> have migrated to their rectum... eat enough fast food you too will
> contract chronic TIAD.

You are right there. I know people who LOVE food from places like Applebees
and Olive Garden.

I used to like dining out when salad bars were common. I don't even like the
few salad bars that I find now. The stuff they put out now is for the most
part pre-cut or prepared, like pasta salad. Soup is often Campbell's. Not
much is made from scratch. I don't to pay for that stuff and suffer through
it.

> Restaurant food was better 20 years ago... was much better 60 years
> ago.... even your favorite Golden Arches burger was far better
> quality way back when it cost 15¢.

I don't know about 20 years ago. Maybe. But even then a lot of that was
Sysco. But it did seem that there were a few more restaurants that cooked
from scratch. Now in this area, chains abound. Not my thing. I used to like
Shari's. A local chain. Not any more. Now they have Tater Tots on the menu.
And they even screw those up!

<snip>