Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Dinner tonight and dinner tomorrow night (2/16/19-2/17/19)

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 12:55:38 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-02-16 5:31 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > It's not rainy, windy, or snowy here. But it is cold and gloomy.
> > We had burgers are our local watering hole for lunch. Incidentally,
> > they've got a card on the table explaining that they won't be putting
> > straws in every drink, but they're available on request.

> It is nice to see that it is still quite light out at 5:55 pm, but it is
> too cold to go out to BBQ. Our Saturday night burgers are going to be
> fried. Tomorrow will be more interesting. My brother and his wife are
> coming for dinner to meet our son's very serious love interest. We are
> kind of hoping this is the one.

We're supposed to meet my son's fiancee's family tomorrow for brunch. That
ought to be real interesting. The family comes from Tennessee and she
describes them as being real "rednecks." White folks are alright with me but
I don't believe I've ever seen/met a genuine specimen of a redneck before,
let alone a group of them. Hopefully, that gal is just pulling our legs and
we'll breath a sigh of relief when we meet and greet.

==

<g> do report back?