Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default We have one less resident now.

On 2019-02-14 3:43 p.m., wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 11:28:58 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Another friend from the dog park rescued a similarly skittish dog who
>> once slipped out through the gate while someone else was coming in and
>> bolted. It took a couple people two hours to catch her. The poor guy
>> can't leave her alone in his apartment. She has such serious separation
>> anxiety that she tears the place apart, including chewing holes in the
>> wall.
>>

> When he goes to work, store, hanging out with friends that dog needs to be put
> into a large crate. His belongings will be safe and actually the dog might feel
> safer being contained.

There is some reason he does not crate it. He can't even go down to the
laundry room without the dog freaking out and destroying things. The
same dog who cannot bear to be left behind for a couple minutes cannot
be trusted off leash. Let that mutt lose and it's gone in an instant.

>> My son has a bit of an issue with the term "rescue". He considers it to
>> be a buying a dog cheap.
>>

> Rescue can also mean rescuing the animal from euthanasia or abuse.

In that case it would qualify as a rescue. These days anyone who adopts
a dog from anything other than a breeder refers to it as a rescue.

> 'Registering' a dog here means they get their annual rabies vaccination at one
> of the free clinics the city offers. Same thing applies to cats.

That would work for me. However I really resent being expected to pay
for a license every year when the money is being spent to enforce the
bylaw that requires dogs to be licensed and to support the shelter that
is full of cats and imported dogs.