Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default snow big deal

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 2:56:37 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/11/2019 6:33 PM, wrote:
>
> > Are we supposed to
> > stay off the roads because some Northerner is here visiting but we are annoying
> > him and in his way because we don't know how to navigate in it?
> >

> That can be the smart thing to do no matter where you live.
>
> One day I was going to work and there were flashing lights ahead around
> the curve. When I go there, a woman was standing beside her car that
> slid off the road. They were waiting to have it pulled out.
>
> After work it was still the same conditions on the way home. Again, at
> a slight curve on a down hill there were flashing lights ahead. When I
> got there, same woman, same car, this time up against a guard rail with
> some damage.
>
> Even if she lost a day's pay it would have been more sensible for her to
> stay home.

My friend's ex-girlfriend once drove her car off the road and ended up on a riverbank during a rainstorm. She climbed back up to the road during the storm while carrying an infant in one arm to get help. That must have been an epic climb!

Later on, the girlfriend and the cops were down the hill trying to figure out how to tow the car out of the river. She said that a car flew over their heads as if it were in slow motion. An old guy and his wife went off the road in the same spot that she did. The car hit her car and destroyed it. Then the couple got swept down the river in their car. The guy and his wife ended up getting themselves killed.

A lot of times, a little rain on this rock will cause traffic accidents. I can't say why that is except that we don't like driving in rain. Things are a lot different in the Pacific Northwest. Those guys love driving fast in the rain. The cars on the freeway will have roostertails behind them. I thought those guys were nuttier than heck!