Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default A new Fridge

On 2/10/2019 8:11 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-02-10 7:54 p.m., Nancy Young wrote:

>> That was fast ... assuming your old one hadn't crapped out.Â* BTDT.

> Yes, it was fast. The old one was still functioning so it was not an
> emergency. I had actually been out shopping for a new fridge a year or
> two ago and just never got around to actually ordering one. The old one
> wasÂ* about 20 years old. The door seals were falling about.Â* Last week
> my wife opened the freezer and the bracket on the door shelf broke.Â* I
> got it back into place and we had planned to nurse it along until the
> replacement came. I was told 2-3 weeks for delivery, so I was surprised
> when it arrived in only 5 days.

Yeah, that refrigerator was giving you all the signs, I'm tired, let
me retire. We replace our refrigerators when we get any sign it might
go, once we were in a tough spot because ours died. The store actually
gave us a loaner.

Also, try finding a side by side without water and ice in the door.
Next to no options so it has to be ordered. We can't just walk into
an appliance store and arrange delivery from stock.

> I hope this is it for appliances for a while.Â* In December we spent $300
> on a repair on the washing machine. On Christmas morning the dryer died.
> Â*Just after the new dryer arrived an infinity switch on the stove
> seized up. I had been planning to get a new oven anyway, so instead of
> paying $100 or more for a repair I ordered a new one.Â* It was just days
> after the new oven arrived that the old fridge announced that it was
> going to start falling about.

That does seem to be the way things go. All at once like that. Or ...
your house wants you out? hmmmm

nancy