Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default got new stuff

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:49:03 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-02-10 6:57 p.m., wrote:
>> On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 1:21:19 PM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>>
>>> I went back and reviewed the Amazon reviews. There are far fewer
>>> negative reports than positive and the positive are not all from
>>> people who just took CC out of the box. I read negative comments with
>>> a jaundiced eye. There are always people out there who can't find
>>> there butt with two hands.
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> Ain't that the truth!!
>>

>A year or two ago I listened to a program on the radio about the
>business of rating products, services and restaurants online. After
>hearing that I have little faith in online reviews.
>
>FWIW, a couple months ago I bought a Dyson V10 cordless vacuum. I
>looked at the reviews and most of them were very positive. The only
>negative I remember was a complaint about battery life. I have to say
>that I am impressed with the thing sucks up dirt and dog hair. One of my
>complaints, that no one else mentioned, is that the canister fills up so
>quickly. Then there is the blockages. When it gets into areas with a
>lot of dog hair it clogs up near the power head and sometimes by the end
>of the canister. Then the filter clogs up. If there is blockage at any
>of these three you have to take it apart and clean it out.The filter has
>to be taken out, cleaned out, rinsed and then dried. It takes a minimum
>of 24 hours to dry it out enough. There is a safety override that makes
>the motor cut out when it gets overloaded it, so you can't even run it
>to such air through the filter to dry it out. It gets frustrating to
>have to go through each step trying to figure out which part is causing
>the problem, and then that long wait. I don't think I could vacuum the
>hole house in one shot. The battery is supposed to last 25 minutes on
>high power, which should be enough for a quick once over, but it will
>clog up before the battery runs down. Then I will have to clean the
>filter and wait a day to finish. I want to know why no one mentioned that.

what you describe happens to my Shark as well. I thought I was
getting rid of the old canister vac but instead I use the canister
where I know there will be a lot of hair just to avoid having to do
the cleaning emptying you describe. I am impressed with how well the
Shark gets dust and stuff out of the carpet but the little bitty
canister fills so fast.
Janet US