Posted to rec.food.cooking
Hank Rogers[_2_] Hank Rogers[_2_] is offline

Default I ordered a new rhubarb

Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 12:00:59 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 19:21:22 -0500, Boron Elgar
>> > wrote:

>>> I have never tasted rhubarb.

>> Well, there are a lot of things that I haven't tasted. I like sour
>> things. As a child, we would pull a stalk of rhubarb, sprinkle it
>> with salt and eat it. (we also ate green apples the same way)
>> Janet US

> I am willing to taste most everything when presented with it, but just
> never had the opportunity with rhubarb.

The only rubarb I had was pie, and it was so cloyingly sweet, I'll never
forget it. I couldn't taste anything but sugar sugar sugar.

Maybe I just got a bad example, so I would try it again if anybody
offered it. I doesn't seem popular locally, so I may never have another
chance. That's OK tho, lots of other pies ... cherry, lemon, choc etc.