Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default got new stuff

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 22:56:55 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 20:28:33 -0800 (PST),
>wrote:
>
>> On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 9:17:56 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Yeah, but almost all those reviews are from people who just received
>>> it and haven't used it for a month. Look at the one=-star reviews
>>> on Amazon, those are mostly from the people who've waited a couple
>>> months to review them. While the 5-star reviews are from people
>>> who've had it for less than 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> I wait for Janet's 6-month/50-uses and washings review :-)
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> There's one guy that does the reviews, and at the end of the year he will give
>> a nod to the best and worst products he's bought and used. If something is
>> especially impressive he will review it again and give updates to how it's
>> holding up.

>You have much more patience then me,. I prefer to read reviews from
>real consumers(*), not watch videos of people who were given items
>and possibly paid to review them. I despise 99.95% of youtube
>videos.
>
>(*) given, some of those people are idiots ("1 star because I should
>have ordered blue instead of red").
>
>-sw

I went back and reviewed the Amazon reviews. There are far fewer
negative reports than positive and the positive are not all from
people who just took CC out of the box. I read negative comments with
a jaundiced eye. There are always people out there who can't find
there butt with two hands.
Janet US