Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Publix supermarket and Detwilers Farm Market

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 23:23:24 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 10:45:44 -0500, wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 20:23:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I saw Cabot Seriously Sharp at Costco again today. 2lbs bricks for
>>>$3.99/lb.

>> One pounders were on sale last week at Tops for $1.88,

>Yeah, I don't believe that one bit. Not even 1/128th of a bit.
>
>-sw

What's not to believe... not much difference in price... you're
arguing pennies... ~12¢. Do I need to scan/photograph the reciept...
you're not worth the effort. There is most definitely something wrong
with you.

And I still have two of those 1 pounders in the fridge unopened. For
some odd reason Tops usually has sale items priced with 8s... last
week 28 oz cans of Redpack tomatoes were a $1 per can but if you
bought 8 each cost 88¢. Yesterday, last day of the sale, I bought 8.
About a week ago my wife went to BJs with my list, I wrote 1 case of
crushed tomatoes. unbeknownst to me she bought whole tomatoes in
puree, and I only found out yesterday morning when I went down into
the basement and spotted the case of tomatoes she had put on the
shelf. I asked her why she got whole, she said they had no crushed.
She doesn't cook so doesn't realize the difference, to her they are
all tomatoes. I can't count how many times I asked her not to
substitute, I'd rather she just not buy the item, I'll pick it up at
Tops... I got a better buy on crushed at Tops anyway. Tops has good
sales but unless on sale everything at tops is pricy. On the same
list I wrote "Dark brown sugar", she said they had none so she came
home with a 2 lb bag of light brown... that much may last many years,
I rarely use light brown, maybe never. And I already had more than a
case of whole tomatoes in puree, luckily these are only 12 can cases.
Fortunately I like stewed tomatoes, occasionally I'll eat a can of
whole tomatoes right from the can. Canned whole tomatoes are better
tasting than typical stupidmarket fresh tomatoes. I learned a long
time ago not to argue about such trivial things, eventually those
surplus items will get used.

I don't always get to see what she bought until later because our
system evolved into that I tend to all the perishables right away
while she takes care of the non perishables but only if she feels like
it. Actually I'd rather take care of those too so I'll know where to
find things and when I see to the cases and multi-pacs I discard all
those wrappings too. I'd rather stack the cans... sometimes I'll find
a carton with one can in it, sometimes there are empty cartons on
shelves and in the kitchen cupboards. If she did kitchen work the
kitchen would look like how she keeps all her toiletries, looks like
an overfilled junk yard.