Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Question about whistling tea kettles

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 04:01:05 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 5:31:47 PM UTC-5, Worker wrote:
>> I have a vintage Revereware kettle inherited from a relative and I use
>> it because we had one like it when I was a kid.
>>
>> However, it sounds like a banshee when it whistles and it's getting on
>> my nerves.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend one that actually sounds pleasant (or at least not
>> awful)? Obviously, it's hard to tell what a kettle sounds like from a
>> listing on the Internet or in a box on a shelf in a store. So, you
>> know, people instead of ads.
>>
>> Thanks!

>I had a Chantal that sounded much better than average. It cost
>much more than average, too:
>
><https://www.amazon.com/Chantal-Stainless-Steel-Classic-Teakettle/dp/B00004RD9Q>

We much prefer an electric teakettle, there are many to choose from:
https://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&no...l_8m3uzfrjz0_e
We've had a Braun for 15 years but it seems it's no longer made for
the US voltage.