Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Question about whistling tea kettles

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 21:31:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Worker" > wrote in message
>>I have a vintage Revereware kettle inherited from a relative and I use it
>>because we had one like it when I was a kid.
>>
>> However, it sounds like a banshee when it whistles and it's getting on my
>> nerves.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend one that actually sounds pleasant (or at least not
>> awful)? Obviously, it's hard to tell what a kettle sounds like from a
>> listing on the Internet or in a box on a shelf in a store. So, you know,
>> people instead of ads.
>>
>> Thanks!

>I've had a variety of them over the years. All sound pretty much the same. I
>bought an electric kettle. It's faster and it shuts off.

We use an electric tea kettle too, shuts off soon as the water boils,
no more boiled dry burnt kettles, If you miss hearing the water boil
and shut off just hit the button and it's boiling again in like 15
seconds. An electric tea kettle is about twice as fast as a stove
top. I don't like using a microwave to boil a cup of water. Can't
tell yoose how many times even though I hear the timer's dings I
forget to retrieve the cup, sometimes the next morning I'm looking for
my cup and finally find it in the microwave, still contains the half
cup of coffee I was reheating.