Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

Julie Bove wrote:

> Anyone try these products? Canned beef ravioli, lasagna and Beefaroni.

> Anyhoo... I ordered three cans of the Throwback ravioli from Amazon for
> $1.58 each. I believe this is a marked down price as I had seen the
> Beefaroni and lasagna in a few brick and mortar stores for around $3.
>
> I tried the stuff last night and flat out didn't like it!
> Anyone tried the Throwback stuff?

Geez Julie-o, you didn't like it? lol
Why is NOBODY here surprised?

Anyway, I always keep 2-3 cans in my pantry just as
easy food for hurricane season or just lazy nights.
I ate the last one about month ago so actually had
them on my grocery list for the next trip.

Never even heard about the Throwback kind so I looked it up.
Supposedly back to the old days when it was made much better or
so. Well I went to the store and bought 2 cans yesterday:
- the regular kind for 99 cents
- the new Throwback kind for $1.50

OK so next time I'm in the mood I'm going to open both cans and
have a side-by-side comparison. The Throwback cost 50% more so it
should taste much better. I'll just see about that though.