Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default got new stuff

On 2/8/2019 10:26 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> The Bailetti and Tramontina non-sticks have served me very well.

I really liked the Emeril pans but they wore out over a few years.
They take a beating, we're not the plastic utensil people and I
don't expect non stick to last forever anyway.

On a whim I picked up a set of 3 Tramontina at (drumroll) Costco
last week. Jury is out, I hope they work out. They were next
to the Copperwhatever as seen on tv set. I just assumed they
probably don't last, guess I'm put off by those kinds of commercials.

Okay, I made an exception for the Foodsaver.

> DOW revoked the licenses to use Teflon from a bunch of manufacturers
> because they sucked. People say they loved the Farberware stuff,
> but those were some of the worst I've ever had.

Even those are probably a lot better than the early versions. Black
flakes in your scrambled eggs, anyone?

nancy