Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mike_Duffy[_2_] Mike_Duffy[_2_] is offline

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 02:56:02 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> It sucked when we were young but we were too undeveloped to know the
> difference. It still sucks.

I agree. Based on what I remember how any canned ready-to-heat & eat tomato
pasta product tastes (& smells), I have no intent to ever buy any again,
except maybe for a camping trip.

Notwithstanding that this seems be everyone's scentiment, I heave read on
the Internet somewhere that such items are actually 'haute cuisine' in
places with extremely limited markets where shipping costs are high, such
as remote islands, or way up north.

Sort of like caviar I suppose. I have eaten it and although I thoroughly
enjoy fish & most other seafoods(*), I will go after most other stuff
first.

(*) I have not yet tried the Greenland Shark that starts out toxic and is
made edible by burying it for a few months:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A1karl