Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
news
> On 2019-02-08 11:19 a.m., songbird wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Anyone tried the Throwback stuff?

>> no, we ate them once in a while as a kid, but
>> not since then.
>>
>> it's really not very hard to do better cooking
>> your own.
>>

> We at canned pasta when we were kids. There were not a large Italian
> community in the country at the time, certainly not in our small town, and
> Chef Boy R D and Heinz were the only pasta we knew. Haven't touched the
> stuff in more than 50 years.

My mom made spaghetti but it was horrible. She made the sauce from a packet.
It separated into pink watery stuff and red lumps. At the time, the only
pasta we ever had in the house besides canned was spaghetti, macaroni or egg
noodles. I do remember having canned alphabet soup. So alphabet noodles
might have been available but my mom preferred packets to scratch cooking so
she never would have made such a soup.