Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_53_] Sqwertz[_53_] is offline

Default got new stuff

On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 13:49:37 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> I got my Thermoworks ChefAlarm today. It has lots of nice features as
> well as 2 good magnets that won't let it slide away when in use. I
> can't wait to try it out but first must find the right size Phillips
> head screw driver to open the battery compartment so that I can remove
> the battery storage protection.

All the battery protectors I've removed just pull right out. You
tried that?

> Oh, and I also got a Copper Chef combo pan a while back. (always
> wanted to try the stuff to see if it really worked) It does. That
> surface is so fine that today I used it to toast some croutons. You
> know how the oil makes a scum in other pans? Not in the Copper Chef.

I thought I remembered the CopperChefs getting terrible reviews here
and elsewhere. They work at first, then fail quickly. I don't
trust or buy anything advertised in an infomercial. Infomercials
aren't cheap and employ sleazy marketing tactics.

-sw