Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default what's with peanuts?

"notbob" > wrote in message

> I jes watched this program, on Youtube.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phit6HSJqZc
>
> What's up with that? I've been eating peanuts since I was jes a wee tad.
> I think my grandparents jes put 'em out as a diversion fer candy, which
> they seldom had.... well "hard candy" in the "proper" living room which we
> seldom ventured into.
>
> Regardless, I'm a confirmed "peanut junkie". I seldom eat 'em anymore,
> but love peanut-buttter, raw peanuts, salted, etc.
>
> What about you?

I was thinking about this earlier as I finished off the dregs of a giant can
of Cocktail peanuts. I used to love them and it was my job to put them out
for company. Used to be all the oil traveled to the bottom so when you
turned the can upside down, you had to blot the excess oil off.

Excess oil is no longer the case and the peanuts don't seem as tasty to me.
Now I like Redskins better. I keep searching for good peanuts otherwise but
not finding them. The worst to me are the blister fried ones. Ick.