Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default Air Fryers

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 09:05:05 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/29/2019 2:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 15:07:21 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>> snip
>>>

>>> We don't use a lot of canned goods so there is no use taking up counter
>>> space,

>> snip
>>
>> I use a lot of cans. Beans all kinds, tomatoes all kinds, black
>> olives, enchilada sauce, tuna, refried beans (now that I no longer
>> make my own). No canned vegetables except those mentioned. We eat a
>> lot of dishes with tomatoes. We don't care much for hunks of meat and
>> prefer meat as a flavor enhancer for soups, stews, casseroles, salads,
>> stir frys and the like.
>> Janet US
>>

>Different strokes. I don't find myself cooking with tomatoes very
>often. I keep a can or two of diced tomatoes and tomato paste in the
>pantry but it's rare that I make tomato-based dishes.
>
>I bought a *tube* of tomato paste some years ago after a lot of
>discussion here about the convenience of those innovative tubes. The
>contents of the *unopened* tube dried up before I ever had a chance to
>use any of it. LOL
>
>Jill

tomatoes go into the dish along with other vegetables. I wouldn't
call the dishes tomato based. Could be terminology, but tomato based
to me means something like a red pasta sauce or lasagna that is
heavily tomato. Cooking habits of others is always interesting.
Janet US