Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Air Fryers

On 1/29/2019 2:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 15:07:21 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
> snip
>>

>> We don't use a lot of canned goods so there is no use taking up counter
>> space,

> snip
>
> I use a lot of cans. Beans all kinds, tomatoes all kinds, black
> olives, enchilada sauce, tuna, refried beans (now that I no longer
> make my own). No canned vegetables except those mentioned. We eat a
> lot of dishes with tomatoes. We don't care much for hunks of meat and
> prefer meat as a flavor enhancer for soups, stews, casseroles, salads,
> stir frys and the like.
> Janet US

Different strokes. I don't find myself cooking with tomatoes very
often. I keep a can or two of diced tomatoes and tomato paste in the
pantry but it's rare that I make tomato-based dishes.

I bought a *tube* of tomato paste some years ago after a lot of
discussion here about the convenience of those innovative tubes. The
contents of the *unopened* tube dried up before I ever had a chance to
use any of it. LOL

Jill