Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Blind taste test

On 2019-01-11 4:40 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 4:27:26 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:

>>> Anything you think you know about how something tastes is unique to you,
>>> and cannot be extrapolated to anyone else.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> This certainly applies to wine! I've read too many descriptions from
>> pompous palates that claim to detect flavours of, say, black raspberry
>> along with a veritable fruit salad of flavours.

> I can taste notes of cherry or berry in the coffee that we prefer. Provided
> that I don't brew it too weak or too strong.

Some of them can string a pretty good line, but there are people with
sophisticated palates that can actually sense those tastes, and panels
of people who can come up with the independently. Then there are those
who go to wine tastings and the tour guide will tell them what they
should be tasting and the saps with swallow it.