Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default Circulon pot quality

On 1/8/2019 11:50 AM, Nancy2 wrote:

> Notbob, there is another way to clean the polished stainless steel, like the All-Clad frypan
> my DIL was going to throw out because she let a silicone scraper melt in the bottom.
>
> I went out to the Harley-Davidson dealer and got a small supply of a product that will take
> melted rubber or a synthetic rubber-like substance off an exhaust pipe (like if a rubber protective
> pad from a cycle suit got up against a hot exhaust pipe).
>
> It took a lot of elbow grease, but the scraper residue all came off. And the finish looked like new,
> and the pan is still as non-stick as it was originally. Ta-dah! Magic! ;-))

An All Clad pan is worth fighting for. Good job.

I threw out a pot a couple of weeks ago. My first ruined pan.
I messed up cooking brown rice and it was burnt on the bottom.
It was an old Farberware and I replaced it rather than fight.

nancy