Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default OT: Ferrets (was Circulon pot quality)

Bruce wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >I'd choose extra cabinet space over a dishwasher. Ferrets get
> >trapped underneath them too.

> Either that's a dishwasher on legs or the ferret's very flat.

The dishwasher does not sit flat on the floor. It's up about 7
inches off the floor plus there is space in the back too. Guess
the spaces allow for motor and pipes required.

Ferrets are pretty small (avg is 3-5 pounds) and they can fit in
tight spaces very easily.

As for my dishwasher, Mia was the only one that was interested in
exploring that. I watched her climb underneath from the front
once. I immediately pulled her out gently by the head. Then I
made a barrier of books that stayed on the floor for a long time.
Eventually, she disappeared again and she was trapped underneath
the darn dishwasher. My only clue to finding her was my cabinet
door underneath the kitchen sink was ajar. No Mia in the cabinet
but then I noticed the hole cut in the side for the dishwasher
pipes and drain.

Sure enough, I stuck my hand in that hole and she immediately
touched her nose to my hand. That's the ferret way of saying
"hi". Anyway, she climbed into that hole but the floor inside
was lower so she was trapped. Again, I had to grab her head and
gently lift her up and through the hole. After that I put a latch
on that cabinet door to keep her out.

Mia was the one that got trapped in things often....like once a
large box she jumped in from a chair but then couldn't get out.
Frustrating is that they are mimes and silent. They don't even
think to scratch to make noise. They just sit wherever and wait
for you to find them. arrrr