Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default egg cooker question

"Boron Elgar" wrote in message

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 21:52:10 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 18:06:03 -0500, Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 12:36:56 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>You still have to set something on the cooker telling it how you
>>>want your eggs cooked. So you still set a timer of some sort. if
>>>it only does hard boiled, then its even more useless.

>> The included water measuring tube, which also has a pin to piece the
>> eggshell, has lines on it indicating how much water to add for
>> soft/hard eggs. Hasn't failed yet.

>Ahh, yes, the "convenience" plot thickens.

Indoor plumbing can fit that category, too. You're being foolish.

>>>I gave up gadgets long ago. Actually, I never really started them.
>>>I learned from my mother. I'd rather know how to cook using
>>>universal equipment than being tied to some gadget that won't be
>>>available in many situations.
>>>

>> Having a gadget does not mean one does not have skills to prepare
>> foods without it.. How many situations could I possibly be in where I
>> would want soft./hard boiled eggs, where my gadget won't be available?
>> Yikes, it is broken and Amazon will have me another one tomorrow? One
>> could say the same about a toaster.

>If you know how to make eggs on the stove then why are you buying
>ANOTHER cooker in the first place? And paying extra for next day
>shipping?
>
>-sw

Perhaps I should buy all my household goods to match your preferences
and spend my money the way you want me to.

Oh, I beg your pardon. I didn't realize you were the ****ing king of
the universe. Sorry, you anal-retentive jerk, but I don't have any
interest in living my life to please you.

==

lol