Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default egg cooker question

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 12:36:56 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 21:07:10 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:
>
>> Sqwerzts, one uses a cooker so as not to spend time watching the
>> clock or setting a timer, etc.

>You still have to set something on the cooker telling it how you
>want your eggs cooked. So you still set a timer of some sort. if
>it only does hard boiled, then its even more useless.

The included water measuring tube, which also has a pin to piece the
eggshell, has lines on it indicating how much water to add for
soft/hard eggs. Hasn't failed yet.

>I gave up gadgets long ago. Actually, I never really started them.
>I learned from my mother. I'd rather know how to cook using
>universal equipment than being tied to some gadget that won't be
>available in many situations.

Having a gadget does not mean one does not have skills to prepare
foods without it.. How many situations could I possibly be in where I
would want soft./hard boiled eggs, where my gadget won't be available?
Yikes, it is broken and Amazon will have me another one tomorrow? One
could say the same about a toaster.