Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Circulon pot quality

On 2019-01-06 12:32 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Sadly, I have neither.
>>>
>>> nb

>> Self cleaning ovens use a tremendous amount of ENERGY to self clean! But you can use one to warm a small house!
>>
>> Always think from an energy standpoint/perspective! Imagine having to generate that energy on a bicycle pedal generator! ;-)

> You're an imbecile. I run the self-clean cycle in the winter, and the
> furnace does not call for heat while it is doing so. In the summer, I don't
> use the oven, so there's no need to clean it.

I ran mine the week before Christmas. Fortunately, the outside
temperature was abnormally high, so I could open the window and leave
the exhaust fan on. I usually leave that task for cool autumn or spring
days. I do use my oven occasionally in the summer for baking. It is
hard to bake a fruit pie without some of the sticky juice dripping over
the edge. I have learned to put fruit pies on pans to catch that stuff.

When there are peach and cherry orchards less than a mile from home it
is impossible not to bake fresh fruit pies, no matter how hot it is outside.