Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default We've become civilized

wrote in message ...

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 11:08:26 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 12:22:50 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 2:58:42 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>>> Home deliveries are the future. Homes are going to need a receiving area
>>> for deliveries. You allow access into the area through your cell phone
>>> which connects to a video system. Perhaps there'll have a standard
>>> docking station for robo-deliveries. In that case, you'll get a
>>> notification of the delivery. I could use one of those. I've come home
>>> find AC compressors and car mufflers at my front door. So far, I've been
>>> lucky.

>>I have a receiving area. There's a small table next to my back door. A
>>substantial overhang protects the area from weather. We don't live in a
>>third-world ********, so we don't worry that much about theft.
>>
>>As a bonus, every time we actually see the UPS guy, he compliments us
>>on our deck. I'm sure the drone will be indifferent to our skills.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>For many years we've had zero problems with deliveries, we have a
>protected place at our garage door and there's a sign; leave packages
>here.... never been a problem.
>
>==
>
>But Sheldon, does that not show everyone where they can find your
>packages???

When I say protected place it's protected from the weather... ther's a
big overhang so rain won't hit that corner. The sign is small, an
index card thumb tacked to the door, someone would need to drive
almost up to the door to read that sign, it's 300' from the road and
it's very rare to see anyone walking this road.... no one could see a
package from the roadway either. So far nothing was stolen... I don't
worry about it, anything gets stolen Amazon will send it again. I
usually have packages sent to my PO Box but occasionally its sent by a
third party that won't send to a PO Box, they need a house address,
why I've no idea.

==

So long as they are safe