Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default We've become civilized

On 1/4/2019 2:56 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> Home deliveries are the future. Homes are going to need a receiving area for deliveries. You allow access into the area through your cell phone which connects to a video system. Perhaps there'll have a standard docking station for robo-deliveries. In that case, you'll get a notification of the delivery. I could use one of those. I've come home to find AC compressors and car mufflers at my front door. So far, I've been lucky.

Amazon has done some thing where they can leave packages in the trunk of
your GM car and with a special door lock in your house.

Don't forget UPS My Choice where you can designate a spot for the driver
too. Not as good as a locked spot, but it may hople to have it dropped
at a side door or such.

I also get an email showing my mail coming for the day. Dign ip with
the USP for Informed Delivery.