Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default We've become civilized

On 1/4/2019 1:55 PM, wrote:

>> On 2019-01-03 8:49 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> There is no paperwork with signatures, it is done over the phone and no
>>> one has to be there for drop off or pickup.Â* Both were to be transported
>>> to FL at the same time for delivery the same day.

> about his experience with PODS. He said a designated person had to be
> there to receive the empty POD, a designated person had to be there
> for the pick up of the loaded POD, and a designated person had be
> there to receive the loaded POD at the destination... and at each
> point someone had to sign and the POD driver takes a photo.
> appointed day, no appointed time so it behooves to be there all day.
> If PODS accepts delivery of an empty POD from just a phone call then
> it would be a no-brainer to have them drop off an empty POD or two on
> a SOB neighbor's front lawn and drive off. And I don't believe that
> PODS will drop off a filled POD on some lawn six states away with no
> designated person to receive it.... and the driver will phone to say
> they'll be there in an hour, no one answers the call then the POD goes
> directly into storage and it's your problem to arrange for redelivery.

You won't be pranking your neighbor. There is a delivery charge and
your credit card is charged before it is dropped. They have the
information where to drop and what end faces where. I get and email,
phone call and text for ech move.

Here is the text from PODS about the last delivery:

PODS: Your container is estimated to arrive 01/02, between 1:00 PM-4:00
PM. No one is required to be present for delivery. Reply STOP to end msgs.

This is a typical email for each move:
Dear Edwin,
THANKS FOR CHOOSING PODS!

Your estimated 3-hour service window is posted above. Please
remember this is only an estimate. We try really hard to be on time, but
sometimes uncontrollable stuff like traffic and weather can delay us.

You don't have to call and let us know you got this message.
You don't have to be there for your container delivery or pick-up.
While we can't change your service window for tomorrow, we can
reschedule for a different day. Just call us ASAP.
Before delivery or pick-up, please clear an area 12' wide, 15' high, and
deep enough to fit the length of your container.

We're here to help! Got a question about your account? Call our
Sales and Service Center at 855-671-7637.