Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default egg cooker question

On 2019-01-03 3:01 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/3/2019 12:15 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>> I am interested in hard boiled eggs that peel easily.Â* I want firm,
>> smooth yellow all the way through. (no green) No orangey, softish
>> spots.Â* Those spots make me gag.
>> Janet US
>>

> I love the soft center.Â* I bring a small pot to boil and add four XL
> eggs right from the fridge.Â* For your choice, 13 minutes.Â* I like 10 to
> 11 though but too soft for you.Â* Not sure how far to get the ugly green
> though.

I found the easiest way is to not bother with hard and soft boiled eggs.
I like the soft boiled eggs to cooked enough that there are no snotty
bits in the white. I like hard boiled to be just a little soft in the
middle. I never mastered getting them right, so I stick to the ways that
I can see how they are and not have to guess if they are right.