Old 03-01-2019, 09:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default egg cooker question

On Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 7:15:42 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 06:11:42 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
wrote:

Janet, it seems I didn't read the question thoroughly; my bad. I don't know about soft-cooked
because I cannot eat any part of a runny egg....makes me gag. ;-P

N.

N.
I am interested in hard boiled eggs that peel easily. I want firm,
smooth yellow all the way through. (no green) No orangey, softish
spots. Those spots make me gag.
Janet US

I like eggs with no green yolks. I used to make an egg salad that was just beautiful in color. This is accomplished by cooling the eggs down in ice water right after you finish cooking. This suppresses the funky color on the yolk. The purity of the color of a yolk made this way might surprise you.