Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Does CBD Really Do Anything?

wrote:

> Thanks, Greg. I've recently been put on gabapentin, which does help
> my chronic insomnia, but doesn't do much for pain. Even though I
> grew up in the 60s, I've never done drugs or even smoked pot, but I
> intend to before I leave this earth. NH hasn't legalized
> recreational pot yet, but we do have a medicinal pot store down the
> street. Beside other painful conditions, I have costochondritis,
> which is an inflamed rib cage. Rheumatologist says no painkiller
> will touch it, so far he's right. Standing for more than ten minutes
> kills me. Chopping veggies or washing dishes is getting almost
> impossible. It feels like pleurisy, but isn't. Oh well, we all have
> our health issues.
>
> I'll be making Canadian pork pies and gorton tomorrow, so I'll do the
> chopping today and the assembly and cooking tomorrow. I don't intend
> to give up my favorite foods because of this stupid condition.
>
> Denise in NH

Sorry to hear that Denise. I don't have the same issue driving things,
but share a near chopping and standing issue. (spine issues in my case)

If it helps, I post a fair number of real live recipes and mine
accomodate the standing issues we share. I am probably lucky compared
to you as if I am moving/walking, I can be on my feet relatively well
for an hour and can tough through 2 hours (grocery shopping etc.).

You won't see me standing over a stove and stirring for 20 minutes (out
of my league/capability).

Would it help if I listed some of the accomodations I have discovered?
I don't want to be rude or presumptuous as you are a smart lady, but I
may have stumbled over some tricks you have not. I would apprecate the
same in return!