limey

Default Need advice re Bran Muffins recipe

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote>

Here's the recipe. I can't find the 100% Bran or Bran Buds cereal in
> the local grocery stores. What can I substitute? I do have a food
> co-op available that has, I believe, whole bran available -- IIRC, it
> was a light and flaky thang.

<snipped>

> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

Here's one example of the use of Fiber One, Barb:

HIGH FIBER COOKIES Categories : Diabetic Desserts Cookies

1 c Oat bran

1 c Rolled oats

1 c Fiber One cereal

1 c Kellogg's bran flakes

1 c Seedless raisins

1 c Chopped English walnuts

3/4 c Sugar

3/4 c Brown sugar

1 c Margarine (2 sticks)

2 Large egg whites

2 ts Vanilla

2 c All purpose flour

1 t Baking powder 1 t Baking soda

1/2 ts Salt

1/2 c Water at room temp

Place oat bran, rolled oats, Fiber one, bran flakes, raisins and walnuts in
a bowl. Mix lightly and set aside.

Place sugars and margarine in mixing bowl and mix at medium speed until
light and fluffy. Add egg whites and vanilla and mix lightly scraping the
bowl before and after adding the egg whites. In a separate bowl combine
flour, baking powder, soda and salt and mix at low speed about 1/2 min to
blend well. Add flour mixture and water to sugar mixture and mix at medium
speed only until flour is moistened. Add bran mixture and mix at medium
speed until well blended.

Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed
with cooking spray or lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 375 for 12-14
minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let sit for 1 minute.
Remove cookies to wire rack and cool to room temperature.

Dora