Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_3_] John Kuthe[_3_] is offline

Default Does CBD Really Do Anything?

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:17:55 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:19:19 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
> >

> > One thing it does appear to do is interfere with metabolism of various
> > drugs, including antidepressants, resulting in higher-than-expected levels
> > of those drugs in the blood stream.
> >
> > I take quite a lot of drugs for Asthma. Any idea if that would be a
> > problem?

> Probably not. My husband also has asthma, and he's just applied for
> his medical marijuana card. His doctor knows what he takes for
> asthma and saw no contraindications. Here's a rather wonky slide show
> on drug interactions:
>
> <https://doh.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/doh/publication/attachments/Medical%20Cannabis%20Adverse%20Effects%20and%20Dru g%20Interactions_0.pdf>
>
> It starts getting good at about Slide 11.
>
> > I've been researching medical marijuana. In the U.S., CBD oil is in
> > kind of a regulatory grey area, and a lot of its potency depends on
> > the manufacturer. You can get various levels of alleged potency; with or
> > without THC (which is the stuff that gets you high).
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >
> > I had heard it helps with sleep. Did that come up in your
> > research? I sleep very badly and wondered if that would be of use.

> Yes, it did come up in my research, and it can help some people with
> insomnia.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Very good Cindy. Yes, humans and other mammals I believe have this subtle internal metabolic regulatory system that's not even in the medical textbooks yet! The ENDOcannabinoid System! Anatomists years ago named certain neuroreceptor sites as "cannbinoid receptors" but it was not until the 1990's that scientists reasoned that normally nothing evolves an innate system to interact ONLY with an external plant! There is normally some endogenous system an external plant happens to also trigger!

And now we KNOW what those endogenous systems are!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!