Old 28-12-2018, 05:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default BaccalĂ*

On 12/27/2018 8:05 PM, joecool wrote:
Felt like posting something to distract from the leery dude with the
chocolate.

I picked up salt cod, baccalĂ*, from my local Costco a couple weeks ago.
Never had it before. Made a really basic recipe called baccalĂ* lesso. Let
the fish soak in water for about 24 hours in the fridge before using.

Once soaked, I simmered in boiling water for 20 minutes or so and topped
with some olive oil, garlic, and parsley. Pretty decent.

I gather this is a Christmas food for Portuguese and Italians, if anyone
else has tried, what was your favorite recipe?

Joe

I've heard of it but I have not tried it. From what I've seen on
cooking shows it definitely needs to be long soaked to remove the salt
used to preserve it. Nice of you to give it a try. I doubt I can find
anything like it near where I live.

Jill