Old 28-12-2018, 02:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Graham Graham is offline

Default BaccalĂ*

On 2018-12-27 6:05 p.m., joecool wrote:
Felt like posting something to distract from the leery dude with the
chocolate.

I picked up salt cod, baccalĂ*, from my local Costco a couple weeks ago.
Never had it before. Made a really basic recipe called baccalĂ* lesso. Let
the fish soak in water for about 24 hours in the fridge before using.

Once soaked, I simmered in boiling water for 20 minutes or so and topped
with some olive oil, garlic, and parsley. Pretty decent.

I gather this is a Christmas food for Portuguese and Italians, if anyone
else has tried, what was your favorite recipe?

Joe

You could try Brandade de Morue, the French dish that I had once in a
town in the Languedoc:

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...otato-brandade

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/...alt-cod-gratin

Good cold weather food!