Posted to rec.food.cooking
joecool joecool is offline

Default Baccalà

Felt like posting something to distract from the leery dude with the
chocolate.

I picked up salt cod, baccalà, from my local Costco a couple weeks ago.
Never had it before. Made a really basic recipe called baccalà lesso. Let
the fish soak in water for about 24 hours in the fridge before using.

Once soaked, I simmered in boiling water for 20 minutes or so and topped
with some olive oil, garlic, and parsley. Pretty decent.

I gather this is a Christmas food for Portuguese and Italians, if anyone
else has tried, what was your favorite recipe?

Joe