Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default First Christmas in our new house

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 10:55:16 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 9:28:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > My dog will certainly kill snakes. He was never one to chase down and
> > > kill small rodents, though he has taken off and run with deer. He seemed
> > > to have a real thing about snakes. Many times I saw him checking out
> > > the tall grass in the fields behind out house and thought he was
> > > searching for mice or rabbits, but it turned out to be snakes. He would
> > > grab and them and then give them a deadly shake. He had a thing for
> > > frogs too. He would sneak out to the gold fish pond beside out patio and
> > > go after the frogs than hang out there. He didn't seem to have any
> > > plans to eat the snakes and frogs. He just wanted to kill them. He went
> > > after a toad one day and discovered they are pretty foul tasting.

> > Our dog used to kill large spiders around here. She was pretty handy that
> > way. These cats don't do a god-damn thing! Well, one of them did hunt down
> > centipede. It was a good hunt. I got to give him that. Our other cat did
> > bring in a trophy the other day. I can't say if she killed it or just
> > found
> > it.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...CJYcN4a9YtDq6l
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Awwww
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> It was in a bag because we tried to deliver it to a lady that was interested
> in dead birds at the Bishop Museum. She wasn't there so we got left holding
> the bag.
>
> My daughter got me one of those new fangled air-fryer thingies. I can only
> imagine what kind of horrendous noise that thing must make. Hopefully,
> she'll use it more than I.
>
> =====
>
> I have one of those btw there is a website for it. Some good recipes on
> there

What would you recommend cooking in this gizmo? I don't plan on using this.... this... thing, but what can you suggest that would work super duper in this monstrosity? I shall tell my daughter to cook it up.

My wife bought a Ronco Showtime rotisserie from her friend. I thought it was a bad deal but the thing actually works. I cooked a roast yesterday. There's no temperature control - you just set the time. That's goofy as hell but you just got to learn how to work the machine. I work well with machines.