Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Default What do you knead on?

Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>
> On 12/24/2018 5:43 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> >

> > "Julie Bove" wrote in message news > >
> >
> > "Ophelia" > wrote in message

> >> Right. Kitchen is too small for any kind of a table.
> >>
> >> ==
> >>
> >> So is mine! I work on the counters or on the table in the dining room
> >>
> >> And yes, Jill, we do figure out what to do with the space we have!

> > I don't even have a formal dining table. I used to. It broke during a
> > move.
> > I do have a tiny, somewhat uneven wood dining table but it's in the living
> > room. My dining room is basically a section of house with a wooden floor
> > that you must walk through to get into the dining or family room. I bought
> > commercial thick plastic table and some commercial padded banquet style
> > chairs to put in there just so there is a table. If need be, I can put a
> > cloth on it but we don't really use it for much of anything except for a
> > place to put groceries until we put them away.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > You could still bake on it though?
> >

> She'll find some reason why she can't knead dough on the table. At any
> rate, she answered her own question. She found a "giant ceramic platter
> from Sur La Table". In case you aren't familiar, Sur La Table is a
> kitchen and housewares shop located in Seattle (not far from Bothell
> where she lives).
>
> Here's a link to some of the platters they sell (not sure if you can
> view it in the UK):
>
> https://www.surlatable.com/search/se...eramic+platter
>
> I have no idea which one, if any, she's using for kneading bread dough.
> Most people just use a board or a countertop. <shrug>
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> sigh. For pities sake, Jill, give a rest!!!

Yup, *exactly*, Ms. O....Jill and also Smith are always whinging on about how the bove and KUTHE! "hijack" this group with their errant nonsense, but they are always constantly "feeding" the issue by their constant retorts.

Jill and Smith are just a couple of bored shite - stirrers, they both need to find something more useful to do with their time...

--
Best
Greg