Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default What do you knead on?

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 1:22:15 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 2:08:56 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > 1700 sq. ft, would be a good sized single-family home on this rock. It's going to cost $800,000 to $900,000 or more depending on the area. My guess is that a lot of the young folks are going to move out of this state to live on the mainland. Life is too hard over here. Eventually, a big part of this state will be owned by foreign and mainland investors. That's the breaks.

> 1700 square feet would be about $279,000 here, on average.
>

> Cindy Hamilton

My dad's house was built back in the early 60's using the construction techniques common to the time. It's held up by boards - just single walls of boards. That kind of construction would be incomprehensible to builders on the mainland. They would think that there's no load bearing beams or framing to hold the building up. They'd be right too. OTOH, it's kind of frighting to be in such a home during a hurricane. That's the breaks.