Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default What do you knead on?

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 12:33:37 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 03:05:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >>Thankfully mine is a galley kitchen and I have a side by side fridge. You
> >>can't however get by the fridge if the door is open and you have to
> >>*really*
> >>like the other person if two people are in there at the same time! I would
> >>love a giant kitchen. If I had unlimited finances and could build a home,
> >>the kitchen for sure would be the biggest room in the house. I'd have
> >>plenty
> >>of storage too. I'd rather have empty cupboards instead of cluttered
> >>counters

> > I've always been curious, Julie. How many square feet is your house
> > inside?

> About 1700 sq. ft. but do to a bizarre remodel, quite a bit of it is wasted
> space. There are few interior walls and far too many alcoves. Also the
> laundry room is deep but not very wide. We are currently having a dryer
> problem. The space is so tight that to get to the back of the dryer, you
> have to go over it. Thankfully the gardener is able to do it. I fear that I
> could get over it but then get stuck and not be able to easily get back.

1700 sq. ft, would be a good sized single-family home on this rock. It's going to cost $800,000 to $900,000 or more depending on the area. My guess is that a lot of the young folks are going to move out of this state to live on the mainland. Life is too hard over here. Eventually, a big part of this state will be owned by foreign and mainland investors. That's the breaks.