Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default First Christmas in our new house

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 9:28:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 6:23:46 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2018-12-24 10:56 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > > Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know.

> > My dog will certainly kill snakes. He was never one to chase down and
> > kill small rodents, though he has taken off and run with deer. He seemed
> > to have a real thing about snakes. Many times I saw him checking out
> > the tall grass in the fields behind out house and thought he was
> > searching for mice or rabbits, but it turned out to be snakes. He would
> > grab and them and then give them a deadly shake. He had a thing for
> > frogs too. He would sneak out to the gold fish pond beside out patio and
> > go after the frogs than hang out there. He didn't seem to have any
> > plans to eat the snakes and frogs. He just wanted to kill them. He went
> > after a toad one day and discovered they are pretty foul tasting.

> Our dog used to kill large spiders around here. She was pretty handy that
> way. These cats don't do a god-damn thing! Well, one of them did hunt down a
> centipede. It was a good hunt. I got to give him that. Our other cat did
> bring in a trophy the other day. I can't say if she killed it or just found
> it.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...CJYcN4a9YtDq6l
>
> ==
>
> Awwww
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

It was in a bag because we tried to deliver it to a lady that was interested in dead birds at the Bishop Museum. She wasn't there so we got left holding the bag.

My daughter got me one of those new fangled air-fryer thingies. I can only imagine what kind of horrendous noise that thing must make. Hopefully, she'll use it more than I.