Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] is offline

Default First Christmas in our new house

In article >,
"> wrote:

> My brother had some guinea fowl and they pretty much cleared his property of
> ticks. Their numbers have dwindled dramatically due to predators and he said
> they need to buy some more to keep their property clear.

Ticks are my greatest phobia. My friends always laughed at my ravings
about ticks until one of them became one of the first documented cases
of Rocky Mountain spotted fever in our state. He survived but didn't
laugh anymore. Let's hear it for guinea fowl.
Blood banks won't touch you if you've had a tick and tell them. I used
to give blood. The bank had my number and became a vampire. Every six
weeks, I'd get a call. Then I got a tick and told them. I never heard
from them again.
Don't take ticks lightly. They're horrible, visible and painless
disease pumps. Pay attentions for symptoms for a long time, and tell
the doctor about a tick if any symptoms of anything takes you to them.
This medical minute has been brought to everyone by me, and you can
take it to the bank.

leo